|For QAS:||3.0 or later|
This project is in alpha status. The following information indicates both existing and planned functionality.
php-vas is a connector between PHP, a popular web development platform, and Quest Authentication Services (QAS). php-vas provides a PHP interface to the Quest Authentication Services developer API that lets you build web applications that use Microsoft's Active Directory for authentication, and for querying and management of enterprise user, computer and service information.
php-vas is supported on all platforms that support both PHP 4 (or later) and Quest Authentication Services 3.0 (or later). These include, but are not limited to, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX and AIX.
Documentation for these bindings is found in
.php source files used
by doxygen. These
files are included in the full php-vas source download below as well
as in preformatted form for both HTML and manpage use in the documentation
tarball if you cannot or do not wish to install doxygen and build the
You will need the following:
- some familiarity with building Linux/Unix software
- PHP and its SDK (often installed on Linux as php-devel or php-dev)
- Quest Authentication Services SDK (found on the Quest Authentication Services installation CD under the SDK directory)
- a C compiler and related toolchain (gcc, make, etc.)
- doxygen (optional)
- GNU auto tools (autoconf, automake) (optional)
The most important tool is phpize, found in the PHP SDK. More detailed information can found in the README file in the php-vas source package.
The php-vas bindings and their source code are licensed freely for use and modification. However, most of the module's functionality derives from Quest Authentication Services, which requires separate, per-user licensing.
|Other php-vas releases|
- Active Directory, LDAP and PHP programming threads on DevShed™ Forums
— Russell Bateman, David Leonard
PHP logo is (c) PHP Group, used with permission. The PHP Group does not endorse php-vas.